Richard Dodd- Public Speaker
Richard worked as a BBC radio presenter for 12 years before moving into media relations – interviewing and being interviewed on TV and radio, particularly about retail and business issues.
As part of these roles, and since, he has given talks and presentations to many community and professional groups.
Richard has the confidence, professional style and wit you would expect from an experienced broadcaster and his talks are interesting and amusing. As a radio presenter for many years – he is used to entertaining.
His talks make lots of use of pictures and some include audio and video.
Based in East London, he is available in London and Essex
- My life on radio and television. From the famous to the funny, big moments and blunders from my years on air.
- Buildings that made the seaside. Bathing Machines, Beach Huts, Boardwalks and Butlin’s.
- Unusual British museums – from plastic to fantastic! The stories behind some unlikely collections and bizarre exhibits from across the country.
- The original soap opera. The story of Sunlight soap and Port Sunlight the factory village it created, to which Richard’s family were linked for over 40 years.
- Odd places for a British holiday! Grotty or gritty. Unusual holiday locations with an emphasis on Britain’s fascinating industrial history.
Contact by email or 0772 282 6935 for more information